We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions before and during each appointment.
- For the time being, our parking lot will become our new waiting room! We will require our patients to arrive 5 minutes early and ask that you text or call our office upon arrival.
- We have set up a sanitizing and temperature station at the front entrance, temperatures of ALL patients and employees will be taken daily.
- Please wear your favorite face masks prior to entering the building, if you don’t have any personal face coverings please let us know.
- Pretreatment protocols will be changed so that the waiting room will not be utilized. Upon scheduling, you will receive further instruction.
- While we are excited to see you, we kindly ask that you do not bring friends or family members with you unless you require assistance.
- We are going to do our best to schedule appointments to optimize social distancing practices. We will allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the business area at any one time. Please be patient with us as we navigate these changes within our office.
At this time, we will continue to provide emergency care and begin to reinstate restorative care by prioritizing those appointments we canceled during this closure. Unfortunately, we will refrain from prophylactic care (normal cleaning and exams) until further advised by the Ohio Dental Board and/or the Ohio Dental Association. We will be reaching out to those affected by this closure and begin to reappoint as soon as possible. We will keep everyone posted as to when we begin to accept calls to appoint other procedures.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Miller-Albrecht-Hess-Wang DDS, Inc.